Request Free Consultation
Recent Blog Posts
- Happy Thanksgiving - 2017
- Happy Thanksgiving to All from Budget Construction Company
- Happy Father's Day from Budget Construction Company
- The Best 5 Home Improvement to Increase Resale Value
- A Remodeled Bathroom from Budget Construction: Increase comfort and Home Value
- Happy Thanksgiving - 2017
Thermal Replacement Windows,:
When deciding on what type of windows are best for my home considering the style and durability would be my top priorities. Budget Construction Company has made a commitment to secure the elegance to create a warm, light, and friendly environment for their homeowners. They are able to accomplish this goal by not only guaranteeing the utmost energy efficient construction, but with the maximum ventilation with their thermal replacement windows. For anyone who is OCD like me and obsesses over their home looking and feeling clean can rest easy, because these windows crank out to 90 degrees for easy cleaning from the inside of the house!
Purchasing windows for your home is a long term commitment of a decision that should not be taken lightly. In most cases, with the way our economy is nowadays; people feel the need to make a choice between style and quality for cost efficiency windows. By making the right choice to come to Budget Construction Company, their friendly employees guided me and made it simple. By staying committed to guaranteeing that their customers will never have to sacrifice style for quality. The thermal casement windows have the advanced technology that allows you to be the one to decide when you want to let in the cold and heat throughout your home. The worse thing any home-owner wants is for their guests to feel that their home is cold and drafty.
Double Hung Windows:
For those of you who prefer a more contemporary vitality for your home, I would inquire about the double hung windows. The clean lines and crisp corners is what highlights the elegance of these types of windows. However, the most important aspect is that they provide easy functionality capabilities to be able clean in hard to reach areas and for absolute optimum ventilation by being able to crank 90 degrees. I was absolutely sold when I was notified that these type of windows come in double weather stripping, a variety of glass packages for me to choose from, and are just absolutely beautiful inside and out. No matter what the season is: whether you are decorating your home for the holidays or just simply spring cleaning and getting ready to let a nice warm breeze fill your home, the double hung windows will provide all of the above.
Bay and Bow Thermal Windows:
I have a very specific style that reflects how I carry myself. So when I invite my guests over, I want them to feel my essence throughout my home. By choosing the Bay and Bow Thermal windows, they allowed me to do exactly that! I am a Yoga Instructor, so naturally my goal is to create a peaceful, bright, and calm home environment. Now, because the beautiful frames have seating built in, I was able to have more room to create the specific feng shui I wanted in my home. What got me even more excited about the Bay & Bow Thermal windows is that I am able to customize the size and since they use furniture-grade hardwood veneer, my windows dramatically became a piece of fine furniture in my home. I am absolutely through the roof satisfied with my choice of windows for my home.
You are ready to remodel that old, dated kitchen, and everything from the floors, cabinets, and countertops to the appliances, light fixtures, and the color on the walls has to go. A complete remodel is the only path to the kitchen of your dreams, and you have loose ideas of how you want the space to look and function. You like this refridgerator, and that stove, and are leaning towards hardwood floors instead of tile, but aren’t quite sure if hardwood is a good option for a kitchen. You think slate gray granite countertops will look great against the ocean blue paint you had in mind, but how will these colors play with the dark walnut cabinets you have always wanted? More, is this kitchen design going to compliment the other rooms in your home?
A great kitchen design is needed to bring all of your ideas and style preferences together. With over 35 years of experiencing designing and remodeling kitchens, we know the importance of planning and great design. Our kitchen design process and expertise can help bring the kitchen of your dreams to life, ensuring every last detail is in place and fits well within your existing home.
During our initial consultation, we’ll gather important details regarding your style preferences, functional requirements, and budget. A visit to your home will allow us to take measurements, and get a feel for the space, as well as the existing styles present in your home. All of this information gives us a strong foundation on which to build a plan, and a preliminary conceptual kitchen design that will loosely bring together the form, function, and style of your new dream kitchen. With concepts that work well in place, we begin fine tuning our kitchen design with the final selection of cabinetry, appliances, flooring, finishes and materials. A detailed final plan for your dream kitchen remodel is now in place, and will serve us well as we begin the construction and installation phases of your project.
The importance of planning and kitchen design can’t be understated when undertaking a project as large as a complete kitchen remodel. There are a lot of considerations to keep in mind. At Budget Construction Company, we have professional and experienced kitchen design staff ready to help you plan the perfect kitchen remodel.
Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation, and begin the design process that will produce the kitchen of your dreams.
As a Chicagoland homeowner, you are always looking for ways to get more value out of your residence. Of course, value means different things to different people. At Budget Construction Company, we have nearly 40 years of experience helping consumers beautify and add value to their homes in many different and affordable ways, such as new siding, doors, additions, roofing, kitchen and bath renovations, and new windows. One of the most popular types of windows homeowners inquire about are bay or bow windows.
Beautify Your Living Space with a Bay Window
Traditionally, a bay window – a window space that is constructed outward from the main walls of a home – was long a feature almost found exclusively in Victorian architecture. But that philosophy has changed the last 50 years as designers, builders, and homeowners have sought to integrate these adaptable window types into different kinds of homes. Today, it is not unusual for our design consultants to work with owners of newly built or existing homes of many styles, including Colonial, American Craftsman, Art Deco, Neoclassical, Georgian, Tudor, and countless others to help them decide if a bay window is a worthwhile investment.
Why Consider a Bay Window?
If your home is in desperate need of a splash of style or personality, perhaps no addition is more practical or versatile than a bay window. A bay window designed and installed by Budget Construction Company offers many benefits, including:
- Creating more usable space.
- Allows more natural light into your home.
- Can be used for extra seating, or doubles as a casual dining area.
- Creates three new angles, thereby broadening the visual perspective in a room and making it appear larger.
- Makes it easier to enjoy beautiful landscapes.
Our professional and courteous design team works with each homeowner to ensure they select a bay window that meets their needs, makes their home aesthetically pleasing, and delivers the value and quality they expect at the best price in Chicago. For more information, call us today at 773-283-9200.
What to Know About Bay Windows
Like other home improvements, bay windows can be simple, elegant, or anywhere in between. They mostly come in two variants: A traditional bay or canted window type, with angled sides and a flat front, and bow style, which is curved along three sides. Here are some other worthwhile facts about bay windows:
- Bay windows are available in different building materials, including wood, aluminum, vinyl, clad (wood on the inside, another material on the outside), steel, and many specialty materials based on manufacturer or homeowner specifications.
- Bay windows are made of three windows joined to make a single unit: a large, center window, and two smaller side windows.
- Widths range from three and a half to 10 and a half feet; bay windows can be anywhere from three and a half to six and a half feet tall.
- Bay windows utilize different technology to help you save on energy costs, including double and triple low-E glazing, argon and krypton gas between glass panes, spacers between glass panes, and even photovoltaic materials that convert sunlight to electricity.
Finally, bay windows can be designed to match any architecture and home décor.
Why Choose Budget Construction Company?
At Budget Construction Company, we treat each homeowner as we would a member of our own family. This means delivering unrivaled quality and craftsmanship, attention to detail, an extended warranty period on all work we perform inside and outside the home, and value-focused home improvements to meet any financial constraints.
For more information on bay windows, or to schedule a complimentary in-home consultation, call us today at 773-283-9200.
Buying and furnishing a house and making it a home is not only expensive and time consuming, but also a very personal decision. From new doors and windows to kitchen and bath renovations, the number of improvements you can make are nearly endless. One of equal importance is the purchase of new flooring. At Budget Construction Company, we have been one of Chicagoland’s premier flooring installers for almost 40 years, and can help beauty your home with tile, hardwood, laminate, or any other flooring material that fits your style and budget.
The Best Material for Your New Floor
The kind of flooring you choose is a matter of personal choice – what you need and what you can afford. Our team of flooring specialists is here to offer advice on style and flooring materials best suited to your situation, and give you the tools necessary for making an informed decision.
Which rooms or areas need new flooring?
Before buying new flooring, there are many questions worth asking:
- How large is your family?
- How active is your household – in other words, how much foot traffic do you expect to have on any given day?
- Do you have children?
- Do you have pets?
- Does any member of your household use a walker, cane, wheelchair, or other mobility-assist devices that wear on carpeting or other flooring?
- Will the flooring in any room or area be subjected to water or other moisture?
- How often do you expect to clean the carpeting, tile, or other flooring surface?
- Finally, how long do you need the floor to last?
There are many kinds of flooring materials to choose from, some more expensive and durable than others, while some are very stylish but not advisable depending on foot traffic. The most popular choices for flooring include:
- Hardwood. Strong, durable, and stylish, wood flooring is easy to clean and maintain and can be refinished if necessary. Many top brands can be had for $3 – $4 per square foot, but some exotic species of wood cost $50 or more per square foot and take highly skilled professionals to cut and install it. The ideal area for installation is a living room or family room.
- Tile has its own allure thanks to the hundreds of styles and textures to choose from. Perfect for a kitchen or bathroom, glazed ceramic tile is resistant to scratches and minor impacts, resists water, and is easy to clean. Top choices include slate, porcelain, marble, travertine, and granite.
- Laminate re-invents itself year after year. Inexpensive and very durable, it has numerous styles and colors that can mimic the appearance and texture of wood or tile. Perfect for high-traffic areas because of its strength, laminate does have one weakness – standing water.
- Carpeting. From shag to Berber to many other styles, carpeting lends itself to many rooms throughout your home, but is best in low-traffic rooms. Depending on the style and thickness, carpeting will attract its share of dirt and pet dander, and needs to be vacuumed regularly. With the right padding, carpeting is very soft and comforting on the feet.
- Vinyl may be the least expensive flooring material to choose from, and while it comes in many styles and colors, it is not very durable and can scratch or tear easily. It is not recommended for truly high traffic areas or rooms where the floor is subjected to heavy objects.
- Cork is the new celebrity among flooring materials because it is soft, warm, and acts as a sound insulator. Environmentally friendly, it is moisture resistant. The main drawbacks are it fades over time when exposed to sunlight, and may get damaged by heavy furniture or other sitting objects. Choose the room wisely, but cork may be ideal for a child’s bedroom.
For more information or to schedule and in-home consultation, call Budget Construction Company today at 773-283-9200 for the most affordable flooring options in Chicago.
Deciding what home improvements projects to work on any given year are based on many factors, such as cost, how long the work takes, disruption of daily activities, and cost to value ratio of the work performed. At Budget Construction Company, we have 40 years of experience helping Chicagoland homeowners get the most bang for their remodeling dollar, whether that means new doors, windows, stone veneer accents, attic insulation, or any other project on someone’s “wish list.”
Top Remodeling Projects for 2016
As a premier home remodeling specialist since 1976, we pride ourselves on building partnerships with homeowners based not only on mutual respect, but also educating consumers so they make informed decisions. The last thing we want to do is steer someone down the path of a project they may not see much value in, so our sales and design teams go to great lengths to understand someone’s goals and provide them with creative and affordable options to meet all their goals.
Remodeling Magazine offers in-depth analysis of cost to value ratios for home remodeling projects throughout Illinois and the Greater Chicago Area, paying special attention to those improvements that offer that most return on investment at time of resale. Of course, it is important to remember that many homeowners love their residence and have no plans on moving – but merely wish to upgrade what they already have.
We specialize in all home remodeling projects inside and out, but there are a few we see trending in 2016 that deserve special attention.
- – A sure-fire way to save on utility bills and make your home comfortable all year long is new insulation, not only in attics and crawl spaces but between interior and exterior walls. At Budget, our remodeling teams work with homeowners to find the best insulation options available, including: Fiberglass batting with paper backing, Cotton Batts made from recycled cotton garments, Open Cell foam that is polyurethane-based, and Closed Cell foam.
- – Stone veneer is an inexpensive way to upgrade your home’s exterior appearance, as well as add a splash of style not only to a fireplace but also walls for a more natural look. We offer hundreds of styles, colors, and dimensions to choose from, guaranteeing that new stone veneer will accentuate your home décor or architectural style.
- – Fiberglass entry doors can be a bit more expensive than traditional wood or metal doors, but the long-term benefits can recoup the installation cost in a few short years. Fiberglass entry doors from Budget Construction Company will not rust or dent like a metal door, nor will they warp or twist like a wooden door. Other benefits: They are tougher than wood or steel, offer unlimited combinations in color, texture, and styles, and can be filled with foam that offers several times the insulating properties of wood.
At Budget Construction Company, we treat your home as if it were out own, and strive to offer creative, functional, and affordable solutions for all of your home improvement needs.
Go with the Best: Choose Budget Construction Company
Our goal is complete customer satisfaction, which we deliver through attention to detail, professionalism, high quality work, warranties on products and services, and matching or exceeding any reasonable competitor estimate. Here are other reasons to choose our company for all of your home improvement projects:
- – Comprehensive financing, including zero-down loans for as little as 5 percent interest.
- – Extensive product knowledge of the latest trends, products, and manufacturing techniques.
- – A promise to communicate clearly and regularly about your project, from start to finish.
- – Free written estimates. We strongly encourage homeowners to get written estimates from three to five competitors, then come us for the best price available.
Finally, we have thousands of satisfied customers who have benefited from working with our company since 1976. In fact, we post reviews from homeowners that are a testament to the affordability and quality of the work we perform.
For more information, please contact us online or call us today at 773-283-9200 to arrange for a free in-home consultation with one of our sales and design professionals.
If you are one of thousands of Chicagoland homeowners trying to squeeze more space out of your home and increase its re-sale value, you can achieve both in one fell swoop with a stylish, affordable basement renovation from the experts at Budget Construction Company. For nearly 40 years we have built our business and reputation on quality, value-based home improvements, including new doors, windows, additions, roofing, and kitchen and bath remodeling projects.
Basement Remodeling Tips to Get Your Project Started
As the real estate market improves, many homeowners instinctively believe the best way to accommodate a growing family is to pack up and move. Thus, the home gets a much needed de-cluttering, a fresh coat of paint, and the “For Sale” sign goes up – while a less expensive option is right below their feet. Make no mistake, a basement renovation – small or large – presents its own challenges that should not be ignored, but the benefits can easily outpace the expense of buying a new home.
If you are thinking of remodeling your basement, give one of our design experts a call at 773-283-9200 to schedule a free in-home consultation. We will help review design options, and come up with a plan that fits your budget and needs. In the meantime, here are a few tips to get you started in the planning process.
- The first order of business is to make sure your basement is not wet or damp. During our in-home visit, signs of water damage is one of the first things we look for, inside and outside the home. Depending on the severity of the problem, we may recommend a complete basement waterproofing solution or something as simple as adding or replacing a sump pump. A dehumidifier may also lessen dampness issues.
- For a truly finished basement, one considered “livable space,” there must be a means of exit in an emergency separate from the stairway. This means adding an egress window. Our team of design experts will help determine where it can be placed, and educate you about applicable building codes affecting design and cost.
- Look for ways to save energy. Our team will review the best means to cut down on heating and cooling bills related to your basement renovation, including using specialized equipment to identify where air gets in and out.
- Do you need a bathroom in your new basement? If you are thinking of adding a bedroom or kitchenette, we can discuss installing a toilet, shower, and sink. We encourage all clients to understand their goals, as not every homeowner needs a bathroom in the basement.
- Finally, consider the monthly expense of having a remodeled basement. Additional livable space nearly always results in a higher tax bill, not to mention a potential bump in costs for heating, cooling, water, and electricity.
Call Budget Construction Company for a Free Consultation
We have renovated hundreds of residential basements over the years, and take pride in adding value and style to any project we work on. Whether you have a finished basement that needs renovation, or wish to start from scratch in a bare space, call us today at 773-283-9200 for more information.
The outside of your home is defined by many features, like the windows, doors, roof, or landscaping. The same holds true for the interior, where each room is anchored by something that defines your personality. In the family room, it may be a flat screen television above the fireplace. In the master bathroom, it could be that claw bath tub you reclaimed from a Chicagoland salvage yard. The kitchen, however, has many anchor features – think stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, tile flooring – but one that gets overlooked is the backsplash behind the sink or stove.
At Budget Construction Company, we have specialized in affordable and stylish home renovations since 1975 and handle every project as if it were for our own family members. Our design and remodeling teams excel in helping homeowners get the most value from their home, and look forwarding to making your dreams come to life.
Choose the Best Backsplash for Your Kitchen
As you work with a designer from Budget Construction Company on your new kitchen, keep in mind the little details such as lighting, fixtures for the cabinetry, and wall coverings – and how they complement one another as part of the large remodeling project. Backsplashes are sometimes overlooked, but nonetheless add style to the rest of your kitchen.
Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing a backsplash.
- Select a backsplash that complements the overall look and feel of your kitchen.
- Decide which material is best for your design and budget. Years ago, homeowners selected backsplashes minimalist in size, color, and design. Typically, some kind of four-inch tile was chosen. But today, we are seeing design trends leaning toward new and sometimes exotic materials – granite, marble, ceramic tile, copper, brass, glass, stainless steel, and even concrete.
- Installing a backsplash properly, and ensuring it lasts several years, is something most homeowners should leave to the professionals because of the complexity involved. In addition to our expertise in kitchen remodeling, each project we work on includes a generous warranty on workmanship and materials.
- Consider the benefits of function over form. Remember, the chief purpose of a backsplash is to protect kitchen walls from splashes and splatters. Expensive, custom or hand-made tiles look pretty, but often do not hold up to the wear and tear of a kitchen used day in and day out.
- Choose a backsplash material that is easy to clean. A tile backsplash behind the sink will not take the same pounding as a splatter covering behind the stove – think grease and food build-up – so do yourself a favor. Ceramic, glass, and porcelain are the easiest materials to clean.
Why Budget Construction Company?
Budget Construction Company is committed to performing the highest quality home improvements to fit any budget or need. But why else work with owner Donald Schneider and his team?
- A 40-year history of excellence.
- We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau of Chicago and Northern Illinois.
- We offer fair pricing and convenient financing options.
- All work includes a generous warranty on materials and workmanship.
For more information, contact us today at 773-283-9200 or chat with us live to arrange a free estimate.